Optimum Online - A cheap, tone deaf, nickel and diming company!
Called Optimum to ask them to secure and clean up several loose cables along the side of my house. Some are obviously unused, some in roll bundles, some reachable by kids, some swinging in the wind.
Tech came and agreed it was a mess, unprofessional from installation. He could not do anything, he said. because of the "job code"
I called the company which said the service call would cost $80. Since it is nothing of my fault, I disagreed. Escalated to supervisor, who confirmed. I then asked to cancel the service altogether. The "retention " specialist then offered a "rebate " of $ 60 on the cost, leaving me to pay $ 20 for something I don't see I am responsible for.
To put things in perspective, I have been a customer of Optimum for more than 30 years, staring when they were CableVision.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Awful customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."